Friday, January 14, 2011

T.G.I.F

Holy crackers! This morning was -48 degrees Celsius with the wind chill! C-O-L-D.  Only 2 more full months of winter then its spring! 

I decided to start my spring cleaning early this year.  Starting this weekend I want to clean/organize my storage room/crawlspace; mainly because it’s super messy, I live in a tiny little house and with 2 adults and 3 kids “stuff” adds up quickly and it doesn’t hide either; and also we are anticipating a move in the very near future, I’d say within the next 2 months, I’ve been saying that for a year now, but I REALLY MEAN IT this time! Anyways, if I’m all organized and everything is in its proper Rubbermaid bin then the big move down the street should be a walk in the park.  I hope...but it sure will be nice to have the extra space and yard and not having to pay rent is also a bonus. 

I played hockey this week for the first time this season, actually for the first time in over a year since I didn’t play last year either.  It went surprisingly well, except for this one drill where I had NO CLUE what was going on and basically skated around in circles like a moron while everyone seemed to know what they were doing and where they were going.  Aside from that it was good, I must thank Turbo Jam for preparing me as I felt a lot more strength in my legs which meant that I was able to skate faster, with the occasional loss of balance of course but I did not fall once.  I have a fear of falling on the ice, in 2008 I fell flat on my behind while trying to do this backward/forward conversion thing and I literally could not get out of bed for a week! Ever since then I’m a lot more cautious of my actions.  I hope to keep attending practices this year although sometimes it is hard to find the time with 3 kids.  Most days, actually everyday from after work at 5pm until 8pm I run around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to make supper or do bath time and then eat supper, laundry, tidy up, bed time, prepare for the next morning, etc.  Then I collapse into the couch to watch some mindless reality TV.

Speaking of reality TV, I was thinking recently that I have become so accustomed to reality TV that when I try to watch a regular sitcom with actors and a script I just can’t get into it, even if it’s really funny or interesting.  I would just rather watch reality shows, even though they’re not exactly “reality” by definition these days.  I have a whole line up of reality shows I watch that changes season to season, and it doesn’t even matter what it’s about, I’d rather watch teenagers raise their babies then a good sitcom relevant to my age group.  I’m a slave to MTV.  Oh well....

Well, that’s enough of my Friday afternoon musings.  I wish everyone a great weekend! Yes, by “everyone” I really mean you Susie.  Call me tomorrow.  Which reminds me: I really should send the link to some other people haha.

I will post pictures in the near future I promise!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout Marce!
    I very much enjoy your bog and look forward to your next post!

    Perhaps post pics of Reno ideas or pictures of inspiration?

    ReplyDelete